A Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a virtual machine which is sold as a service by an Internet Hosting Service. A VPS has its own copy of an operating system which is run so that they can install any software compatible with OS. They are equivalent to a dedicated physical server by functions. Their price is much lower than an equivalent physical server.
VPS Service Providers:
- Free Technical support 24/7 and 99% uptime.
- Free website transfer.
- Minimum 30-day money back guarantee.
- Full root access.
Get these answered from your hosting provider:-
Resources provided by VPS hosting:
- VPS hosting provides independence to one user from other users on the same server. Users have all resources to themselves.
- VPS hosting is filling the gap between the dedicated hosting services and shared hosting services. Anyone can connect technically to shared hosting environment but at the same time, one enjoys the privacy in a dedicated server.
- VPS hosting is providing power and functionality of the dedicated server at a lower cost.
- A user can install any kind of software.
Resource Contention in VPS:
Advantage & Limitations of VPS:-
Many advantages and limitations are there:
- Reliability: A good VPS hosting provider has better uptime reliability.
- Server security: VPS provider gives assurance of security programs and policies.
- Standard top of the line hardware: For a good VPS provider hardware is housed for virtual private space. It includes a dedicated RAM, top-of-the-line CPU, and a sizeable storage.
- Customizability: A good VPS should be easily customized according to the users’ requirements.
- Affordability: VPS is a hybrid between a dedicated server and a shared server. VPS plan is able to deliver the power of dedicated server as well as a shared server on the same.
- Individual gateway: It should provide Individual Web, POP, FTP, SMTP gateway and IMAP servers.